Wednesday, June 4, 2014

#Quotes from TWELVE HOUSES by Olga Soaje #Women #Fiction

You promised you would never leave me. Thirty-five years ago, I looked you directly in the eye and heard, “I will never leave you,” as we stood next to the ocean. And now, like a thief in the night, you go. No last words, no promises, no tears.
May you find joy in every day, forgiveness in every thoughtless action on my part, and know my love in every breath.
To this day it amazes me that unbeknown to most people, that secret self-portrait of my own flawed self not only helped me cope but also allowed me to become whole again.
My heart is racing, and I’m thinking the unthinkable. My daughter, my pregnant daughter, might be having an affair.
I’m not sure if your ready for what I’d like to discuss in you natal chart…
If I allow myself to be pulled into your gravitational force I may lose myself completely.
I felt the need to say “Thank you” At first, he asked me what for, and when I said, “For this moment” he understood that every grateful thank you, I might be saying a slow good-bye.

Can anything good follow the best thing that ever happened to you?
Amelia Weiss loved her husband of thirty-five years very much, but now he’s left her a widow. Without him, she is unable to work in her sculpture studio without crying. She no longer has a bridge to her estranged daughter. And she can’t seem to keep her mind in the present.
But when her daughter reaches out asking for her help and her agent threatens a lawsuit if Amelia doesn’t deliver for an upcoming exhibit, she’s forced to make a choice. Will she reengage with her life and the people in it—allowing room for things to be different than they were before? Or, will she remain stuck in the past, choosing her memories over real-life relationships?
Thrust fully into the present, Amelia stumbles into a surprising journey of self-discovery.
Buy @ Amazon
Genre – Contemporary Fiction, Literary Fiction, Women’s Fiction
Rating – PG-13
More details about the author
Connect with Olga Soaje on Facebook

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:

Free Blog Templates