Monday, March 3, 2014

#Humor #Author Bryan Taylor Says, I Write Because I Enjoy Entertaining People


Tell us a bit about your family.
I am an only child.  This gave me more time to read, and I took advantage of it. My parents got divorced when I was twelve, and I ended up living with my dad.  He always pushed me to be successful and always supported me in what I did, so that helped.  Also, he was a preacher, and both my grandparents were preachers, and that is where my religious rebellion comes from. I have never married and have no children.
What scares you the most?
The government because they have power of your life and they usually make the wrong decisions because they do what benefits them, not what benefits you.
What makes you happiest?
Laughing and hearing other people laugh.
Why do you write?
I write because I enjoy entertaining people. I enjoy the process of thinking up interesting things, especially humorous twists that I hope will delight people, and then, of course, hearing the response from my readers.
What motivates you to write?
I write because I enjoy entertaining people. I enjoy the process of thinking up interesting things, especially humorous twists that I hope will delight people, and then, of course, hearing the response from my readers.
What writing are you most proud of?
My novel, The Three Sisters, is the work I am most proud of.  It is my only novel, so far, so the choice was easy.  Still, it is not only the book I wanted to write, but one I would have wanted to read.  It has all the elements in it that I enjoy in a book, and I hope that readers can appreciate these things as well.
What are you most proud of in your personal life?
It would have to be the work I have done for the company I work for, Global Financial Data, in providing financial data to our customers.
Who is your favorite author?
Shakespeare would have to be my favorite author.  His mastery of the English language is incomparable.
What book genre of books do you adore?
If you are referring to fiction, it would have to be humor and satire, which is why I wrote a book in this genre.  The difficult part about this genre is knowing when to stop. They start off very funny, but by the end they’re beating a dead horse and it is no longer funny.
What book should everybody read at least once?
The Bible.
Is there any books you really don’t enjoy?
Books that want to preach to me and tell me what I should think.  Whether they are religious or political books, they turn my stomach.  I can think for myself.  You don’t have to think for me.

TheThreeSisters
Nuns just want to have fun! But when three former Catholic nuns have too much fun and get in trouble with the law, they become nuns on the run.
Driving back to Washington D.C. where they work at the Kennedy Center for the Performing Parts, the three sisters are arrested in Tennessee. After defeating the local deputy in strip poker, they escape from jail, and are pursued by the zealous Detective Schmuck Hole, who has personally offered a $10,000 reward for their capture on The 700 Club. Little do they know that when the three sisters visit the Washington Monument, their lives will change forever.
Set in 1979, The Three Sisters is a sacrilegious satire that skewers not only organized religion, but the government, the media, intellectuals, corporate greed and every other part of the establishment. Maybe not the greatest story ever told, but possibly the funniest.
Buy @ Amazon
Genre – Humor, Satire, Catholicism, Politics
Rating – R
More details about the author
Connect with Bryan Taylor on Facebook

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:

Free Blog Templates